The purpose of the association is :
- Protect hunting and fishing interests by safeguarding nature's production basis and by giving the general public access to hunting and fishing.
- Be an active interest organization that looks after the members' interests in hunting, fishing, nature management and outdoor life.
- Ensure a sustainable harvest of our wildlife and fishing resources, based on available knowledge.
- Ensure that huntable wildlife and fish are harvested for the enjoyment of as many motivated practitioners as possible.
- Work to increased the general understanding of hunting and fishing.
- Work for the correct use of weapons and sport fishing gear.
- Conduct active youth and educational work.
- Collaborate with public authorities and other interest groups.
- Work to establish local membership benefits.